Since I bought the VW Golf (RoOkar II A.K.A Rolf The Golf) I’ve had a bit of a dilemma when it comes to listening to music. My old fiesta had a cassette player and so it was easy to use a tape adapter for my iPod to listen to music and podcasts, and although I have a iPod FM turner, the sound quality isn’t as good so I have been mainly listening to CD’s (I know CD’s are so “old school” now aren’t they?!) . Now because all of my music is now on my computer and also because I don’t want to scratch or loose damage any of my original CD’s I have been burning my own compilation CD’s. So recently I have been obsessed with driving songs.
There are hundreds of songs out there that are perfect for driving to;
- “Radar Love” by Golden Earring
- “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
- “Highway to Hell” by AC/DC
…just to name a few.
But must of the songs which feature on the lists of “Top Driving Songs” are normally over 30 years old and as much I love listening to these “classic driving songs” I thought I would post the songs I would include on a list of great drving songs that rarely or never get a mention.
So here are 10 of my favourite songs to listen to while driving…
- “Joy” By Gay Dad
- “Battle Without Honor or Humanity” by Tomoyasu Hotei
- “This is your life” by The Dust Brothers
- “Step Into My World (The Perfecto Radio Edit)” by Hurricane #1
- “Travelling Without Moving” by Jamiroquai
- “My Favourite Game” by The Cardigans
- “Stylo” by Gorillaz
- “Jailbird” by Primal Scream
- “Go With The Flow” by Queens Of The Stone Age
- “Open Road Song” by Eve 6
*whispers* …and if I was on my own in the car… *looks around to check that it is just you and me who is reading this* …and I had them on CD… *checks again to see that we are alone* …I would listen to these…
(moment of silence)
*notices that you are looking at me funny* …What?!?!